This year, we’re here to save you from tears with 4 classic, beautiful Christmas looks by our Creative Director, Kieron Fowles.
Grab a hot chocolate or pop the prosecco and sit back and relax whilst we unwrap festive styles and reveal our top tips to make your hair last all night long.
TOP TIPS TO MAKE YOUR HAIRSTYLE LAST LONGER
There are some steps to take if you want your look to last all night long. The key to longevity is all in the prep!
Depending on the style you want to create, you need to consider the length and condition of your hair. Long or thinner hair will require a bit more prep to lock in your style, and you may need to use a specific hot tool to get the finish you desire.
Then the most important part... the products you use. Prep is all in the hands of the products as these will really elevate your style and keep it in place. Here’s our top tips on what you’ll need and why:
- Use heat protectant spray - The much-needed base product to protect hair from heat damage. Essential in winter and if you’re planning on using a lot of heat.
- Prep hair with a texture spray or styling mousse - This will help to pad the hair and provide texture to better shape and hold your curls. This is an especially important product for people with thinner hair or hair which struggles to hold a curl.
- Choose the right tool for your hair - If you wish to create big, loose waves then you’ll need to use a larger barrel, however if you want tighter waves, you’ll need a smaller barrel. It all depends on the style you’re going for.
- Use a dressing brush or wide tooth comb to brush out your waves - This will separate the formed waves and allow you to shape them into the style you wish to create. Just make sure to do this after you’ve let your hair cool to prevent the curls from dropping.
- Finish with a shine spray and hairspray - Brushing through your curls can of course generate some frizz, so a touch of shine spray and hairspray can help to smooth out the hair for a sleek finish, as well as lock in your strands for a firm, long hold.
Now you’re armed with the strongest prep routine, let's move on to the dazzling looks.
GLAM HALF UP HALF DOWN
The half up, half down hairstyle... a timeless classic favoured by celebrities such as Hailey Bieber, Jennifer Lopez, and Rihanna.
Versatile, chic, and effortless – it offers the perfect balance between the free-spirited vibe of loose, flowing locks, and the sophistication of an updo.
The top half can be styled in numerous ways – a simple twist, a braided crown, a sleek bun – allowing you to customise your style to suit the occasion. Same with the bottom – you can trial different curl techniques depending on whether you want casual, or a red-carpet finish.
As this is Christmas and it’s the best time of the year to go all out, we’ve opted for big, and bold loose waves for a chic, glamourous finish.
THE TENDRIL UPDO
We can’t have a Christmas looks blog without an iconic updo and this one is giving nostalgic chic.
We have seen 90s trends resurface in 2023 with celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, Bella Hadid, and Abby Elliot donning 90s style updos on the red carpet. A favourite being the tendril updo which we had to recreate.
This style can seamlessly transition from casual to glam, offering a unique blend of nostalgia and modern flair. Consider experimenting with different bun shapes or adding subtle accessories if you want to sprinkle a bit more Christmas magic into your look.
We opted for a high bun with a lot of shape to be our statement, paired with long, loose flirty tendrils to frame the face for a sweet finish.
CLASSIC LOOSE WAVE
Loose waves are perfect to create timeless looks for every season and any occasion, as you can dress them up or dress them down depending on the vibe you’re going for.
They have been a staple look on this years red carpets, with celebrities such as Jennifer Lopez, Priyanka Chopra, and Blake Lively donning beachy, undone waves.
We opted for big loose waves, with lots of texture and shape for that effortless, undone finish – the perfect look to dance the night away at your Christmas party.
SIDE HOLLYWOOD WAVE
Add a touch of glamour to your Christmas with these beautiful, smooth Hollywood waves.
Inspired by the likes of Blake Lively, Jessica Chastain, and Lana Del Ray – this look can be worked to be soft and pretty, or defined and sleek.
We opted for a statement pearl clip to pin back one side and sprinkle a festive element into the look. Alternatively, this can be done with gel, or a firm hold hairspray if you want a slightly dressed down version.
And there you go! 4 looks for you to sleigh the festive season. Recreate at home or take with you as inspo to your nearest Regis salon for our stylists to work their magic.
Whichever you choose, be sure to tag us @regisuk so we can see and reshare your look!